Flowers on the Oregon Coast

The past weekend, my husband and I took a much needed break from parenting life and went to stay at the beach in Seaside, Oregon, with help from a gracious gift from husbsters mom.

One of my favorite things to do is to photograph the lovely flower beds coastal cities create. I find that in Cannon Beach and Seaside, Oregon, charming flowers are blooming in all seasons. Here is a peek at what was blooming in mid March.

Seaside, Oregon

Daffodils were abundant
A charming container of violets and euphorbia
A nearby view from where we stayed

Seaside beaches with Tillamook Head in the back ground

In Cannon Beach, I found many pretty blooms and gardens.

Euphorbia
A very early daisy
Hellebore, a large planting

An island of winter heather
Sunny Daffodils
Geraniums that wintered over
A lovely color contrast of the heuchera and violets
And finally, a view of Haystack Rock from our long and deliciously sunny beach walk.


The hubster and I concluded that we really needed to take a date weekend more often. We had a wonderful time.

Cheers, Jenni

P.S. Happy First Day of Spring!

Comments

  1. I am now officially homesick for Cannon Beach! Maybe I told you before...I went to Ecola Hall Bible School 20 years ago, and was just out there in October, 2009. What a beautiful place! Glad you had a nice getaway! That Heuchera is just fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! What a perfect place for a date weekend. I just love it down there. We've just been there a couple of times, but the gardens and container plantings are one of the things that stand out in my memory of being there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to Cannon Beach for a long time............
    Your pictures made me want to go again. Perfect for the first day of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That daisy looks like an osteospernum! There are certainly flowers that you don't usually see flowering at the same time!

    I'm sure you now have very recharged batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you were able to get away...I agree with you on those coastal towns, they always have the MOST charming little gardens. Makes me want to move there even more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott, I always tease my husband that should we win the lottery (haha) I'm buying a house in Cannon Beach!

      Delete
  6. So glad you got some time to yourselves, and got away for a while. The beach is such a relaxing and romantic setting. Loved all the flowers, but that heuchera and violets is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing like a mini vacation. The flower photos are great. The last photo is my favorite. Glad you got some fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the ocean when it's a bit misty and rough. I must get down to the coast before summer arrives bringing with it the hordes of litterers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime before June is good. We were surprised by the chilly weather, but when the sun came out, it was divine!

      Delete
  9. Great photos, looks like a wonderful place to visit. The last photo is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photos are awesome and are making me so want to go to Cannon Beach, it has been way too long :)

    I love all the plants you have to put in your new garden, it is going to look so wonderful :)

    My son was at the coast all last week mentoring at outdoor school, this is the 7th or 8th time he has been, it is always an adventure :)

    Have a lovely Evening, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a new follower to your blog. My husband and I always wanted to visit the Oregon Coast. Your photos are beautiful! I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post. The comment moderator is on and I will approve comments as soon as I can. Thank you for stopping by!

Popular Posts