Wish Me Luck

As I head into Memorial Day weekend here in the USA, and attempt to clean out my raised vegetable garden boxes. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed.


Weeds, weeds and more weeds. I fully admit that I have spent nearly no time in this area of the yard all year.

I see the lettuce and spinach I sowed this spring did in fact grow..but now it's about to bolt. And, I found radishes the size of baseballs.

One box that I had previously cleaned out surprised me by sprouting more potatoes. So, bonus?

Puma Cat is not impressed by my slacker gardening ways
On a brighter note, my strawberry box and rows of raspberries are loaded with berries.


Delicious berry goodness will be in my future.

So, have pity on me and my blistered hands as I clean out this mess and get this years garden going. It's time to grow things.

Cheers, Jenni

Comments

  1. Jenni, you naughty girl, you have been concentrating too much on pretty-looking plants and not paying enough attention to the veggies! :) I'm on the side of Puma Cat...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I knew you'd give me a finger wag, Mark! Good news...I've got them half cleaned out and planted. Now for the next half :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck! It's disheartening to see so much work ahead, but it will be worth it. Pick the spinach and freeze it, and then use it in smoothies. I like it with frozen mango and coconut milk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel...it can be a bit overwhelming...but you can do it (and maybe the kids will help)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason however thorough you are you will never remove all the potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck Jenny. I know how overwhelming it can be. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've left my back yard for last too! Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It doesn't look that bad to me...which should tell you something about the state of our veggie patch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ironically my parents' vegetable garden is the only area of our yard that is really kept weeded, aside from the bed that was completely covered with miner's lettuce, but that at least started out as an intentional edible. Don't worry, you'll get it whipped into shape and full of delicious veggies soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One day at a time. You're a busy mother and businesswoman. It's not like you've been slacking. Somehow it will all come together. It always does.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you got time to do a weed / tidy. I'd say once you have a little done you will feel motivated to keep going. You have some good plants and strawberries look great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post. The comment moderator is on and I will approve comments as soon as I can. Thank you for stopping by!

Popular Posts