Keeping it Simple on Vacation


Camping is a family value. Well, for our family at least ;) Teaching our kiddos to appreciate nature and a simple lifestyle is not easy. Frankly, camping is not exactly the relaxing vacation that I would always pick out..but our kids have such a splendid time getting dirty, riding bikes and learning about nature that I would feel like a heel to suggest anything else.

I wouldn't mind an upgrade to a tent trailer...that would still be considered simple..frugal no?

Our adventures took us to Newberry National Volcanic Monument. I delighted in the purchase of a National Parks Passport book for each kiddo and placing their first stamp inside. I look forward to filling up their books with many more adventures.

I highly recommend taking in Paulina Creek falls and hiking up to Paulina Peak to get an incredible 360 degree view of the Cascade Mountain Range. Newberry National Monument is often an overlooked destination point, so head to central Oregon and get your fill of intriguing natural history and pine fresh air :)

Cheers, Jenni

Comments

  1. What a great vacation spot. So beautiful and serene. I love that first picture of your little ones. Oh the adventures they are having.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great vacation site and so much room for the kids and big kids to roam LOL! They will always remember these days. I remember fishing at the lake with my grand parents and cousins with such fondness. Great days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing pictures of camping makes me really want to hurry and get something planned. We haven't gone for years, but we did buy a new tent (the old one was a 2 man) so we can all fit. Camping is one of my favorite memories from growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenni,
    Your camping trip, although a lot of work, just looks gorgeous. I am not a big camping fan, but I do enjoy it now and then. That would be a fantastic vacation.

    Hope you're having a lovely day,
    Susan
    http://clucklebees.blogspot.com/

    http://simplepleasuressimpletreasures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenni~~ When my kids were little we went camping a lot. Now that they're older I look back and think I must have been nuts with all the work and dirt which explains, at least to some extent why I was always tired. And, admittedly how happy my kids were! Priceless memories. You're a good mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jenni,

    Your post brought back many beautiful memories of camping along the California coast in the mountains as a child. What wonderful memories you are building with your kids :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post. The comment moderator is on and I will approve comments as soon as I can. Thank you for stopping by!

Popular Posts