Spring Emerges

We've had four days of sunshine here in northwest Oregon and wow, what a difference a few days of warmth and sunlight can make!

Dicentra 
After getting side-lined with a nasty virus last week, I rebounded and felt able to work in the back gardens on Sunday. My spirit really improved after getting some natural vitamin D.

Violets peeking underneath aquilegia
While clearing out my sun ornamental gardens, I believe I found new growth emerging on all of last years perennials, except verbena bonariensis.


I battled the buttercups and the dandy-lions. I toiled over finding those rotten tap roots.

Cheerful winter pansies adding some color
And yet, there is still so much to be done. So many more buttercups to conquer.


As spring fully emerges, I feel that sense of worry, will I get to all of the chores that must be done to clean up the gardens? It's hard to stop and enjoy the change of seasons.

This is why I enjoy blogging. It's where I take the opportunity to marvel over how much has grown in just the last week, through my photographs, savor the colors of new life. Funny, how that works.

I hope you are seeing signs of spring too.
Cheers, Jenni

Comments

  1. Glad to hear you're feeling better and got out in the garden on at least one sunny day. I am also feeling a little behind. I have plants to get in the ground as well as weeds to dig out. It's never-ending, but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need a few sunny days in the 70's to prod some of those perennials out of their winter naps and help decide which are alive and which are not. It was hard not to feel better about everything on Sunday with all that sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been suffering too - three colds in succession, with hardly a day in between - but like you I find being out in the garden is very therapeutic. So I hope you are better now. And photos are such a great help with remembering what took place when. I take so many photos that they are as good as (or better than?) a diary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy blogging and taking pictures for the same reason. It makes me slow down and savor the beauty for a moment. I'm so happy to hear that you're feeling better and got some sun in the garden! I feel really behind in my garden already. But, it feels great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does feel good when the sun is shining and you can see the spring happening in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sunshine really does do our spirits good, doesn't it? I spent almost the entire weekend in the garden. At the end of the day I love that feeling of exhaustion that comes from getting so much done. And I do believe it will all get done. It always does. I love your photos. Life has returned to the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three full days of gardening, and still I am behind. Well, a gardener's work is never done. We did sit on the deck with a glass of wine and enjoy what little progress we had wrought. So glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband is aways nostalgic for buttercups,probably I shouldn't introduce then into my garden. I've stopped worrying about getting everything done, I mostly sat and enjoyed the sun this weekend! Your garden will good beautiful this summer , weeds and all or some weeds...always weeds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't worry and lose the enjoyment. Do what you can when you can and if you don't finish everything it isn't the end of the world is it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Jennifer, In Holland it is spring already! If you want to see it you can look at my blog: dutch-garden-stories.blogspot.nl
    Enjoy your garden! Hetty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your spring garden looks lovely! I love dicentra and pansies in spring. Dandelions are a big pest in my garden too - so hard to get the entire root out! I actually like the cheery yellow flowers and would just let them be, if only they were not so aggressive in spreading everywhere. Of course my daughter loves to blow the seeds all around the yard too, which doesn't help...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post. The comment moderator is on and I will approve comments as soon as I can. Thank you for stopping by!

Popular Posts