Garden Blogger's Bloom Day - October 2015

My garden is on the downswing, easing into the twilight of the growing season. It's somber tones resonate with me. 

I am embracing autumn, where the grasses glow in the fading light, and the dried seed heads from the summers blooms provide food for the foraging, feathered, friends.

Blooms and foliage brighten my late season gardens.
Miscanthus 'Morning Light'
Sedum rupestre 'Angelina'
Agastache 'Apricot Sprite'
NOID Purple Mums
Calluna vulgaris 'firefly'beginning to show coral hues
The back gardens in the fading light
The dahlia's will continue to bloom until the first frost

One of the reason's why I love dahlia's is that they continue to provide cheer and brightness in my gardens until the very end. 

The foliage of aquilegia is not a bloom..but with these gorgeous colors...it feels like one in my garden

Wishing all my garden blogging friends a 'Happy GBBD'! Swing by Carol's to see what is blooming around the world today.

Cheers, Jenni

Comments

  1. Happy GBBD! That wide shot of your back gardens is amazing especially considering what you started with! I love autumn but am not quite ready for that season that follows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping that your lovely garden is providing a bit of solace in your current sad situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your back garden looks beautiful! I love your bloom pictures, especially the dahlia!

    Greetings, Sofie #26
    http://sofies-succulent-beads.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Peter, that overall shot of your back garden is just breathtaking. You've created quite the beautiful oasis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dahlias are great...here in upstate NY mine look better than earlier. Here's a yellow one, the biggest flowers I've ever gotten!
    What's the single yel dahlia you photographed?
    Nice post...lots of 'good' perennials!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden looks amazing, Jenni...that wide shot is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your oasis, Jenni - I could totally get lost in there. And you reminded me that I need to get some dahlias.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first dahlia is a very interesting colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything just looks beautiful! That variegated columbine hates our heat and humidity and I had to quit planting it because it always died. Your garden wide shot is simply wonderful. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous collection of autumn blooms. The garden I inherited didn't have enough late colour in it, something I'm gradually trying to correct. I need more dahlias!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the shot of your backyard! Breathtaking! The grasses look purple.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post. The comment moderator is on and I will approve comments as soon as I can. Thank you for stopping by!

Popular Posts