Wednesday Vignette - Autumn on the Mountain


Autumn on the mountain.

The hubster took me on an autumn drive up around Mt. Hood a few weekends ago. It was exciting to be high up in elevation; to see the colors of fall take shape and drive in an on-coming rain / wind storm.

This picture I took with my iPhone was up near the top of the Lolo Pass on Mt. Hood. Clearly the power companies found this area.....well.....perfect too.

I loved the changing colors of the grass and low shrubs. Native maples along the road stood out like glowing, golden, torches.  The autumn colors juxtaposed against the angry, grey, skies were impressive.



For more cool Wednesday Vignette posts, go visit Anna and see who is participating this week.

Cheers, Jenni


Comments

  1. Love the burnished tones of Autumn you show here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so evocative and moody, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shot, Jenni. I love how the power towers march on into the distance, interwoven with the winding road. And the colors...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great photo, Jenni! The landscape looks like it's on fire. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, Jenni! You're right, the golden landscape against the brooding sky is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post. The comment moderator is on and I will approve comments as soon as I can. Thank you for stopping by!

Popular Posts