Fertilizer Friday, April 30th, 2010

I'm in a bit of denial that it's Friday?! Busy week! Spent a few days out of town for work related training and tomorrow I help kick off our little town's Saturday Market and sell some handmade jewelry. Time is flying by!

The mid - spring flowers are blooming in cottage gardens and the 45 year old lilacs that border the back yard are popping open some buds. This week I made a stop into one of my favorite little garden shops, Greg Gardens in Longview, Wa and spent $ on what was suppose to be a trip to the mall to procure new black strappy sandals, but instead netted me a red radio flyer wagon full of plants. teehee.

Here's a peek at what is blooming in my gardens this week:

The last of the tulips to bloom, a lovely soft yellow.



45 year old Lilacs in two shades of purple. There is a white one as well but I didn't want to wade thru the dog run to take a few pics.

A new addition to the shade garden this spring, a burgundy and white columbine. It's quite majestic.

I am completely blanking out on the name of this pretty ground cover at the moment.Peter Pan Saxifage

SoapwortIn the veggie garden the snow peas are popping up and strawberries are beginning to bloom.

It's time to get ready for May! Wishing all a wonderful weekend. Stop by Tootsie, our sponsor for Fertilizer Friday and see what other garden bloggers around the world have blooming in their gardens :) Cheers, Jenni

Comments

  1. Your burgundy and white columbine is amazing. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aloha,

    looks like things are coming up well in your garden and the garden blooms are beautiful, i love that red and white columbine and who doesn't like lilacs, wow 45 years old.

    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it just makes sense that if you got a wagon you have to fill it up LOL! I understand perfectly.
    That columbine is just so pretty.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Lona

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would rather lay down money in a garden shop instead of a mall any day of the week! The lilacs are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your columbine, they are so pretty. Mine haven't opened yet,but soon. 45 Year old Lilacs WOW! and they look gorgeous!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lilacs are an absolute favorite of mine! So gorgeous.

    I think your mystery flower might be Candy Tuft.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who needs new shoes when you can buy new plants? I bet those Lilacs must be amazing, I love those lavender flowers. The new Columbine is really pretty too.
    Good luck selling your jewelery, I hope you sell lots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. May is going to be am exciting gardening month.
    Everything looks beautiful.
    The varieties I can grow where I live are so different.
    Have a good weekend,
    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    I thinked to the same party-
    Come by if you can.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your blooms! Warms my heart - thanks for sharing, Paula in Idaho

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Jenni what a stunning columbine. Oh and the lilacs are just show stopping. What lovelies you have blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun, I love your Lilac, have you even been to the Hilda klager gardens in woodland Washington, so beautiful, I have a couple of cuttings from there and a wisteria, I love the connection
    :) T.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post. The comment moderator is on and I will approve comments as soon as I can. Thank you for stopping by!

Popular Posts