A Neighborly Gift

I'm always amazed at the generosity of my fellow gardeners. A fellow co-worker kindly bestowed upon me five of her beautiful hosta plants. These hostas have sentimental value as they were given to her by her mother in law over 30 years ago and they originally came from the grandmother.
The hostas will be filling in some shady spots and adding personality to the 86 yr old cottage gardens around the house. It's a beautiful thing, the way plants can be passed along. I was able to return the favor by giving her many of my strawberry starts from my thinned beds.

Gardening friends are really a treasure.

Comments

  1. I think it is a wonderful thing to share plants. It always means so much more. Those have sentimental value too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a generous gift. I agree that gardeners are very happy to share from their own gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jenni that is such a beautiful thing :) T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenni, thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments.

    I love your combination of hosta and fern... simply lovely! I've sent flowers and seeds from coast to coast and a few seeds across the pond. Isn't it wonderful that pieces of our garden are growing (in some cases) around the globe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely gift! I shared strawberry starts with a friend this year as well, and she shared white raspberry shoots. Now I think of her every time I water the plants and will think of her when we start harvesting raspberries!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post. The comment moderator is on and I will approve comments as soon as I can. Thank you for stopping by!

Popular Posts