Sunday Morning Surprise on the Columbia River

On this fine, dry and sunny Sunday morning, I was walking about the yard, taking inventory of blooms and projects in need and looked out onto the Columbia river.  There, I caught a surprise and quickly snapped some pics to share.



A tall ship with sails exposed to the subtle breeze gracing us this morning. 


The only thing that struck me odd was that the ship was moving down river, so to your left but the bow is pointed opposite.  Maybe this is a new style in sailing I'm not familiar with?  Granted, we do march to the beat of our own drums out here on the West Coast, but this takes the cake :)

Happy Sunday, Jenni

Comments

  1. Hi Jenni,

    What a lovely surprize this 'backwards' tall ship must have been this morning. I'm so glad you got to take pictures of it for us.

    Also, how lovely that you have such a nice water's edge view of the beautiful river from your place!

    Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, talk about timing. A few minutes one way or another and you probably would have missed it. How awe inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that is the Lady Washington.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jenni, that was a great shot of the sail boat. :)

    I was out on a sail boat yesterday but nothing as big and grand but on the Willamette :)

    I just wanted to pop over and let you know that you are the Winner in my Royal Wedding Pop Quiz!

    You Royal smart girl. I will pop the print in the mail in the next few days, CONGRATS!!!

    Have a lovely Day, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me think of the Mayflower even if it is going backwards. How cool that you can see the river from your yard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Sylvanna, I believe you are correct..the tall ships were docked in town giving rides on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A nice surprise. We've tall ships in Belfast every year, so interesting! kelli.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't work that out either, but no wonder you were 'arrested'!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post. The comment moderator is on and I will approve comments as soon as I can. Thank you for stopping by!

Popular Posts