What to do with all these Tomatoes?


Ok, well, cherry tomatoes. I have them coming out of my ears..and it's only one plant! I've oven roasting them and freezing them to use the rest of the year, but does anyone do anything else with them? (Just a side note that I don't like them..I grew them for my husband who now cannot eat most raw vegetables due to new dietary restrictions.)

My slicing tomatoes are slowly ripening up, but it's not like I'm getting a significant quantity all at once.  I am hoping to get enough to do a small batch of sauce.

I think my green beans will go lovely with my planned grilled steak dinner :)

Cheers, Jenni

Comments

  1. That is a lot! I love them and eat them out in the garden or else I roast them. I never thought to freeze them. The big tomatoes here are still solid green, I was just out looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put them in salsa without taking the skins off. I didn't notice the skins to be a problem. Maybe because they are thinner. You might want to try that. Hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never tire of tomatoes. When we recently had a tomato glut, we had tomato juice, tomato jam, tomato sauce and tomato rice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say roast them for winter use! I see you are already doing that, uhm share with the neighbors! My Grandma would make them into juice, she was always canning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is when you friend your neighbors and "gift" them what you cannot use! I love cherry tomatoes, wish I was your neighbor...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, if you don't like them and your kids don't like them, maybe you can give them away, like others have already suggested. Nice photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just so everyone knows..I have been giving them away to neighbors :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jen! I will gladly take some of your tasty looking tomatoes! I love them! But I'm sure you will put them to good use

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post. The comment moderator is on and I will approve comments as soon as I can. Thank you for stopping by!

Popular Posts