Colors that Comfort

In the middle of this home remodeling madness, my husband back in the hospital and trying to achieve some kind of normalcy for my kids, I am finding comfort in the colorful blooms around my cottage gardens.

I had no rhyme or reason when I created these flower beds. I remember wanting to have blooms at each season and also wanting to have different heights. That was it for planning ;)





I've created some hanging baskets to take to the remodeled house, but for now I'm enjoying them here.


And lastly, the mini rose my son picked out last year is blooming again. It has unique rusty - red blooms.


I love gardening so much because of the color. Color is comfort to me.

Cheers, Jenni

Comments

  1. I love garden colors! Seeing them in the sun would be a bonus! <:^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt Frances! We were spoiled by sunshine in mid-May and now it's gone..returning in..July?

      Delete
  2. I never thought of it that way, but yes, color gives me comfort too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope things settle down in your home soon...your gardens are gorgeous, who likes an over thought garden anyway.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jenni ~ May your husband soon be back home with you and on the road to recovery. Healing happens better at home.

    Yes, colors are comforting to heart and soul.

    Love and hugs to you all ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenni, I agree about how flowers bring peace. I would rather sit on the porch and look at mine than anything else. I love your Allium. Mine only bloomed once. I hope your husband starts feeling better. I can't imagine the stress. I also like the 'Rusty' Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi jen, Theres nothing more peaceful then to be sitting by a pond waterfall and be surrounded by colorful flowers. Hope your hubby is home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jenni, your flowers are looking so lovely :)

    I was so sorry to hear your Hubby was back in hospital, I truly hope all will be well and he will be home soon recovering and ready and able to move :)

    Keeping you in my heart and thoughts and sending positive energy :)

    Have a lovely holiday weekend and don't overdo it :) T.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why does everything happen at once? We had to put our house prep activities on hold for two months while my husband was sick. I sometimes feel we are never going to get the house on the market. We are back at it but constantly on guard in case things go wrong again. I'm sorry you are going through such a stressful time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post. The comment moderator is on and I will approve comments as soon as I can. Thank you for stopping by!

Popular Posts