GBBD May 2012

Happy Garden Bloggers Bloom Day! I love May. My cottage flower gardens are so green and lush, full of thick, emerald foliage with summer blooms soon to follow. Right now, I seem to be in the midst of an unintended purple color theme.  Here is what is blooming in my corner of the Pacific Northwest.










Clematis on the front arbor. I have the largest blooms this year. They are spectacular!


















Pastel Patchwork Wall flower (Erysimum Hybrid) (ok, so not everything is purple)















Sea Thrift (Armeria) in the rock garden below the arbor.















Columbine (Aguilegia) in the side shade garden with many a fern frond in the back ground.
















Coral Mist Rhododendron, a pretty prize I intend to whisk off to our new home this summer.














Alliums dotting the front flower beds. This is their second year and I adore the height and texture they add to the cottage gardens.



















Ever bearing Strawberries. My bitty berry patch is heavy with blooms this year. Finger's x'd for a bumper crop to follow.















Not sure what this bloom is. It was in a Pacific Northwest Native Wildflower Mix. It's like the only non-purple/pink thing blooming! Might it be a variety of Wall Flower?










Please join garden bloggers all over the globe sharing what is blooming in their gardens on the 15th of each month.  Stop by Carol's at May Dreams Garden to join in the bloom day festivities. Wishing all my garden blogging friends a Happy GBBD!

Cheers, Jenni

Comments

  1. Lovely blooms Jenni - I'm particularly taken with your Clematis! I have two clematis plants and have yet to see a bloom.
    Happy GBBD :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd guess a wallflower too for the last photo. Are you collecting seed from your aqilegia to take with you and you must take the alliums.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each picture I saw, I thought "Oh I like that one!"...and then I'd scroll down and see another one I loved. They're all so pretty! (and I really like the way you framed them)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blooms are indeed lush and beautiful - such a joy to view them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do have some beauties here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy GBBD, Jenni! Gorgeous clematis and columbine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blooms Jenni!! Love the Allium, what happy little star burst...love! I'm also awarding you a sunshine blog award, will be posting by days end =)
    Happy GBBD, Cheers Julia =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love purples. And your wallflowers are stunning. The rhododendron is dreamy - I love that coral color! Happy GBBD!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blooms are beautiful, but I am particularly drawn to that clematis. The color is so rich and lovely. Happy GBBD!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely blooms! I have the same orange flower, but not sure what it is. My neighbor keeps recommending the columbines, so I probably will give them a shot next spring. Happy GBBD!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That rhodie is a pretty color! The Clematises do seem to be having a great year so far. I noticed they seem extra big this spring too. Glad you're able to enjoy your spring flowers at this house!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really fantastic photos and I like the way you've framed them. Looks like you have some gorgeous colour around the garden! Happy blogger's bloom day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your flowers ... the strawberry post is an inspiration!!!! I have 2 plants and have yet to have a crop of berries!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh...spring blooms! So pretty & inspiring! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jenni your garden has come alive with beautiful colour :)

    Your strawberries are looking amazing :)

    My son decided he wanted to be a gardener this year but we really do not have anywhere to plant veggies (because of giant trees in neighbours yard:( So, we bought 4 zucchini and 2 strawberries plants, he is competing with my tomatoes plants to see who gets a fruit first, LOL!! :)

    Hope you had a wonderful Mothers day, Cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi T! You are going to be up to your ears in zucchini! How fun! I sure hope my kids will want to garden some day and challenge me, that's so cool! Cheers, Jenni

      Delete
  16. love the alliums! I started with 5 and ended up having to pull some this year, I still have hundreds. The pics of your flowers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post. The comment moderator is on and I will approve comments as soon as I can. Thank you for stopping by!

Popular Posts