Fertilizer Friday April 1, 2011






Time to Flaunt my soggy gardens..err no my flowers! Haha! We set a new record in the Portland, Oregon area with 29 days of measurable rain in March and finished the month out with dripping wet bang of hitting 60 degrees..finally!

Despite the rivers of rain running down my garden paths, I do have a few blooms to boast:
 

The shade garden has two varieties of Hellebore's blooming. 

Ivory Prince
Blue Lady
 And Forget Me Not's just beginning their cheerful springtime presence.

Forget Me Nots

   Also showing signs of life in the shade garden are:

Astilbe

Hostas


Columbine

Head on over Tootsie's blog to find out what's blooming in every one's garden for Fertilizer Friday! Have a great weekend! Cheers, Jenni

Comments

  1. well the garden seems to have enjoyed the wet! I am so glad you have linked in this week...can't wait to see soil in my gardens...your photos are inspiring! thanks for linking in this week...I hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am making sure I am a follower on each blog...so I will be now if I am not already! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like we're got the same weather happening in our two corners of the world ... soggy and dreary! Love your little Forget-Me-Nots and your Ivory Prince!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of Fertiser Friday before so I'll have to check it out, its a good idea. I bought compost today (but suppose that doesn't count!). Your perennials are looking good. I like the colour of your astilbe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your hostas especially look very promising. Sorry about all this rain. Not too bad here today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pouring rain again today here too. My weeds are doing great since I haven't been able to pull any for quite awhile.
    I just noticed Hosta and Astillbe coming up here too. Your Forget me Nots look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like about the same here with the gardens - I love your hellebores too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenni, is the peony in your blog's header a 'Bowl of Beauty'?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post. The comment moderator is on and I will approve comments as soon as I can. Thank you for stopping by!

Popular Posts